“Empowering young people to take real action, to stop deforestation, by embracing 21st century learning, using the best technology.”
The DeforestACTION Project is an unprecedented multi-platform project which aims to start a wave of youth action across the globe to find solutions to the devastating reality confronting the forests of Borneo. The Project presents a 5-pronged real action plan for young people to help combat deforestation using technology and education by:
- Monitoring and protecting forests from space with satellite images to combat illegal logging (Earthwatchers)
- Growing a new forest for local people, wildlife in need and sustainable energy for the world (Reforestation)
- Rescuing, rehabilitating and releasing orangutans
- Developing an orangutan sanctuary called Dome Tree in partnership with the Royal family of Yogyakarta as a showcase of orangutan intelligence and care
- Collaborating with young people around the world and starting a wave of positive action
Visit www.deforestaction.org for more comprehensive information.